As of today, June 18, children under the age of 12 and those over the age of 60 will be permitted to go to malls, cinemas, parks, museums, swimming pools, beaches, and more in the UAE.
Kids under the age of 12 and individuals over the age of 60 will also be allowed to go for beauty services, which were previously off-limits due to COVID-19 safety concerns.
The news was announced on Dubai Media Office's Twitter account.
#Dubai's Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management: Eased restrictions on activities across Dubai & restrictions on entry to shopping malls for people above 60 and children under 12 to be lifted starting June 18. pic.twitter.com/pFvHINDYup— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) June 17, 2020
The good news doesn't end there. The tweet also revealed that many venues within the UAE can now return to 100 percent occupancy, these include:
- Sports equipment and kid's playground areas in public parks and beaches.
- Swimming pools and all aquatic sports and venues
- Home beauty services
- Private museums cultural centers, art galleries, and public libraries
- Water parks, swimming pools, meeting rooms, and kids' clubs at hotels
- Care facilities for the elderly and people of determination
While restrictions continue to ease in the nation, residents and locals are still required follow several COVID-19 safety guidelines. These include but are not limited to the mandatory wearing of protective face masks when out in public and maintaining a social distance of two meters. The nation's curfew, which runs from 11 pm to 6 am, is still in place as well.