I knew I loved Johnny very quickly. Soon after that I was sure I wanted to be with him forever. In just less than a year we got engaged, and I have never been so happy in my entire life. I'm only 24 years old, but I'm more confident in this life-changing decision than ever. Some may say I'm young to be engaged, but I disagree. I am so ready to marry my best friend and start our lives together. Here's 7 reasons why I'm glad I am engaged in my early 20s.
- We will grow together. Being young means that we are still finding our way in the world. Rather than doing that separately, we will evolve together.
- I get to spend the rest of my young life with the man I love most. You know all those fun things 20-somethings are supposed to do? I'll enjoy the same things, but it will be with my partner by my side.
- Making plans for the future will be easy. We are a team so we work together that way. When we discuss finances, careers, big decisions, we do it with each other and make sure we plan for the best possible outcome.
- He is my biggest cheerleader, and I am his. When we deal with something tough in life, we are both there to root each other on and be a support system for one another.
- We will share more milestones together. A lot of important learning lessons happen in your 20s, and we will have those as a couple, which will make us stronger.
- Nobody will know me better than he does. We fell in love at early stages in our lives, so he will see me grow as a person and vice versa.
- We make each other better people. We are engaged because we want commit to each other forever. We make one another feel happy, confident, and fulfilled.
The bottom line is, I have found the man I want to share my life with. Age shouldn't matter, it's all about choosing someone who will be by your side and love you unconditionally. We have found that in each other and there's no looking back.