There's always that point in a relationship when it's time to have the dreaded talk. What are we? Are we exclusive? Should we make this official? It almost sounds like you're reverting back to hight school — those awkward, uncomfortable days when you don't quite know if he or she feels the same way about you.
Although labels are trivial, it is worth having that conversation to figure out where you both stand so neither of you are blindsided down the road. But before bringing up the subject, it might be easier to go through a preliminary checklist to get an idea for yourself. Some of these indications ahead are a bit obvious but you often glaze over the smaller (and larger) things when you're so caught up in your fling. So to determine whether you and your . . . whatever they are right now are ready to take the next step, check out the 15 signs ahead.
You should consider committing to the person you've been dating if . . .
- He or she is the one you spend most of your time with.
- You know each other's food orders.
- You find each other by the end of the night.
- They're the person you call/text the most.
- You constantly bring them up in conversations with friends.
- You've been able to confide in him or her.
- You'd be proud to call them yours.
- You show PDA.
- You get along with their close friends and/or family.
- You've done sweet things for each other.
- You both think about each other constantly.
- The thought of him or her leaving upsets you.
- Your friends and/or family like them.
- You can picture you guys together in the long run.
- This feels like something much more than a fling.
Sound familiar? If so, what are you waiting for!
Product Credit: On her: Equipment top, Tory Burch skirt, Iconery bangles On him: Vince white T-shirt, Citizens of Humanity jeans, American Apparel flannel hat