- 3 sticks of butter
3 pounds powdered sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
Blue food coloring
Black food coloring
19 unfrosted vanilla cupcakes
1 large chocolate chip cookie
Mini chocolate chip cookies
- Special tools:
Grass piping tip
- In a stand mixer, cream your butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, heavy cream, and salt until the consistency is smooth but not too thick.
- Separate the buttercream into three different bowls, two small bowls for the white eyes and black details (about 3/4 cups each) and one large bowl for the blue fur. Fold blue food coloring into the large bowl of frosting until a nice bold blue is reached, and mix in the black food coloring into one of the small bowls, leaving the last bowl white.
- Arrange cupcakes into the shape of Cookie Monster's face on a 19x13 inch cake board.
- Pipe out white frosting onto the two cupcakes that will be Cookie Monster's eyes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, top the remaining cupcakes with blue frosting and smooth with a spatula until the frosting is even and there are no holes.
- Pipe out the pupils and smile with the black frosting, making sure to fill in the mouth.
- Add your remaining blue frosting into a piping bag attached with a grass tip. Pipe out the cookie monster fur on the remaining blue space until it's covered.
- Add a chocolate chip cookie to the corner of the mouth and pipe out a hand and fingers on top. Garnish with addition mini cookies and enjoy!
- Desserts, Cupcakes
- 19 servings
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds