Need a quick and easy activity for your kids to do? This DIY puffy paint will provide hours of entertainment in a pinch. And the best part? It's nontoxic and safe to eat, which is a major bonus if your kids try to put everything in their mouths.
You can buy heat-treated flour online or microwave your flour until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- 1/2 cup heat-treated flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Food coloring
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except food coloring until combined (note — sift the flour before mixing in). Divide into separate bowls and fold in desired food coloring.
- Add puffy paint into squeeze bottles and draw away! Allow to sit for 1 hour before displaying.
- 1 (4-ounce) bottle of puffy paint (enough for 1-2 colors)
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes