Kait Hanson, author of Sweet Eats and Dog Treats, shares her easy doggy biscuit recipe!
Kait Hanson is a Hawaii-based writer who focuses on food, travel and lifestyle topics. When she's not writing, she can be found trying a new restaurant with her husband or playing with her two chocolate Labs, Judy and Bill, at the beach. Read more on her blog www.communikait.com
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I like Cup4Cup)
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup red apple, shredded
1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, carrots, apple, and chicken broth in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold ingredients together.
- Sprinkle countertop with about 1 tbsp. flour and roll mixture flat (about 1/2”) using a rolling pin.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut biscuits until the mixture is used entirely.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- After your dog gets one (or two!), refrigerate the rest of the biscuits
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds