Image Source: Lifetime Television
Do you hear that silence? It's the sound of your phone finally taking a break from incessant group texts. While group texting can solve a lot of issues and bring a section of your friends together, it can also quickly tear them apart as people get into fights or take three hours to decide on a group activity. Let us all take a break from our phones and go through some of the realest struggles that come with being in a group text. And if you can't read this currently because your phone is blowing up from a group text, don't worry — it will all be over soon.
- Texting someone outside of the group chat and then that person calls you out in the group chat.
- Getting stuck in a chat that has both Android and iOS phones.
- Trying to do something that's actually productive but getting sidetracked because your phone is blowing up.
- Deciding to finally do the right thing and eliminate that one friend from the chat.
- Becoming stuck in a group text where other people are trying to meet each other but you're not involved.
- Facilitating two people who find each other cute but then you get stuck third wheeling in the text.
- Receiving so many group texts that your phone shuts off or freezes.
- Joining a group conversation that has an unknown number and wondering if it's a frenemy or friend.
- Trying to find an old group chat but you're in a rush so you quickly type in your friends' names, only to make all hell break loose because they're annoyed you started a new chat.
- Calling someone in the group chat who doesn't answer, but then texts "what's up" in the chat.
- Asking a question in the group and no one responding.
- Attempting to make plans but it taking hours to do so.
- Trying to Netflix and chill but your group texts interrupt every moment of chill.
- Arguing over what the group chat name should be.
- Trying to catch up in the chat, but then someone sends a new text and takes you back to the most recent message.
- Giving up on ever trying to regain control over group texts and hoping you can survive it.
- Knowing you hate almost every part of a group text but refuse to experience FOMO by being left out.
This is the funniest shit I have seen all day! #thetribehasspoken #GroupTexts
A photo posted by @nadiniihoudini on
When so many texts come through the group chat that your phone freezes
— Paige (@CharcoalCow) October 31, 2015
This is what happens when I'm in a group text with @gemusiclover @laurenisbangin and @love_pink1015 #grouptexts
A photo posted by Paige Martin (@pvmartin18) on
It really does seem like this sometimes lol #grouptexts #makingplans #weekendshere #whatshouldwedo
A photo posted by Lulu_la_rubia (@lulu_la_rubia) on
When you add me to a group text. #iPhone #grouptexts #groupname #queen #peasants #texts #funnytexts
A photo posted by Stephanie Gilbert (@stephanie_gilly) on
I've never been held hostage. Not by a gun. #dontincludeme #grouptexts #stopit #hostage #yourekillingme #nyclife #nycity #ilovenewyork #ilovenewyorkcity #stopsign #stopsigns
A photo posted by Sonia Melamed (@misoni19) on