When 18-year-old Julia Pechar sustained a serious foot injury one evening, she did as all teens these days apparently do and shared the evidence with social media. It all started when the high school senior was watching Netflix and waiting for her popcorn to pop. When she heard the microwave go off, she sprang out of bed and landed right on her iPhone charger, which punctured her foot. Yes, seriously.
"Right before I screamed for my mom to come rip it out of me, I crawled to my phone to take a picture," she told Buzzfeed. I mean, that's everyone's natural response to sustaining a serious injury, right? Julia shared photos of her injury on Twitter, along with a fairly concerning snapshot of her disheveled room. She tweeted, "When your room is this messy, you have to accept the consequences of not being able to see where you step."
when your room is this messy, you have to accept the consequences of not being able to see where you step pic.twitter.com/MuRr5Uen1w
— Jules (@JEWL_ia) January 31, 2017
To be honest, my inner neat freak is getting squeamish just looking at her messy room, not even her pronged foot. Although the injury doesn't appear too gruesome, Julia confirmed to Buzzfeed that there was, in fact, a pretty messy situation. "For all of the people demanding blood, yes, it did bleed . . . a lot. It still is," she said.
Her photos quickly went viral, garnering more than 11,000 retweets and a mix of replies from other internet users. Some people were generally concerned for her well-being.
— Herman M.🇺🇸 (@Hermanknows) February 2, 2017
Most were overall pretty grossed out at her injury.
— ashleigh ☁️ (@ashleighgertig) February 1, 2017
— M A T T (@Crain_13) February 1, 2017
Others couldn't handle the messy state of her room.
— schoolboy Jew (@fonesex_) February 1, 2017
And still another chunk of internet trolls picked apart oddly specific elements of her photos.
— Ben Theiler (@BEN_theredoneit) February 1, 2017
— joseph (@josephversace11) February 1, 2017
— 🐝 (@Mascotmy_tweets) February 1, 2017
Despite these mixed reactions, it looks like Julia is on the road to recovery. Let's just hope she tidies up that room ASAP.
@JEWL_ia my mom wrote me a note so I can ride the elevator at school so this had a decent outcome
— Jules (@JEWL_ia) February 1, 2017