It's difficult to believe Twitter first launched 10 years ago, with the tweeting trends quickly spreading from its origins in Australia to the UAE.
Today the microblogging site - which was called Twittr back in 2006 - has 320 million users, 500 million tweets are sent each day and 200 billion every year.
Even with Instagram and Facebook constantly improving, Twitter is still the place we go to for live events commentary, direct contact with celebrities and businesses and to join the conversation.
According to the people at Twitter Middle East, the top hashtagged moments in the UAE include when Dubai won the Expo 2020, the opening of the Burj Khalifa, the launch of the Dubai Metro and when Sheikh Mohammed announced the new ministries.
See the most popular Twitter accounts in the UAE:
My compliments to Twitter today on its 10th anniversary.Ideas of communication have changed &the rules have been rewritten,benefiting us all— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) March 21, 2016
The development of new media lets us share ideas, experiences, build change and innovation. Wisely used, it is a powerful, positive medium.— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) March 21, 2016
1. HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Dubai: @hhshkmohd - 5.85M followers
2. HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai: @hamdanmohammed - 1.57M followers
3. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces: @MBZNews - 927K followers
4. Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan: @SaifBZayed - 839K followers
5. Dubai Police: @DubaiPoliceHQ - 831K followers
6. Etisalat: @etisalat - 1.28M followers
7. du: @dutweets - 1. 22M followers
8. Dubai Media Office: @DXBMediaOffice - 1.16M followers
9. Dubai International Financial Centre: @DIFC - 735K followers
10. Emirates Airline: @emirates - 667K followers
11. Etihad Airways: @EtihadAirways - 391K followers
Watch the video below to jog your memory on the most poignant global moments that Twitter.com captured.