Why Does My Phone Battery Die Quickly?
Here's Why Your Phone Battery Dies So Unreasonably Quick
Is your smartphone's battery always letting you down in the middle of the day? Suddenly your battery goes from 30 percent to 1 per cent … We hear you. It is downright annoying!
But Geeks has shared all the tips you need to prolong your battery life. Check out how you can up your chances of lasting the day, below:
- Turn off your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when you don't need them or when there is no available
network, as they will drain your battery by constantly looking for a connection.
- Connect to Wi-Fi when it is available as it uses less battery than Mobile Data does.
- Turn off Location Services and GPS when you don't need them or at least limit app permissions to the "while using the app" option.
- Turn down your screen's brightness or keep the night mode on and it will drastically extend your battery's life. Extra perk? It will be less painful on the eyes!
- Make sure you close any apps you aren't using, to limit all background activity that allows apps to constantly refresh or look for new notifications even when not active.
- Shorten your screen timeout to save your battery when you finally put your phone down.
- Do not, I repeat, do not keep your phone charging overnight. No matter how tempting it is.
- Always use original chargers & cables, fake ones might look colorful and cool, but they will definitely damage your phone's battery.
- Avoid charging your phone in the Cigarette Lighter Port of your Car as its high-voltage will damage your phone's motherboard & battery – especially if the car charger is fake.
- Calibrate your battery capacity by charging it up to 100 per cent, then letting it drain down to 0 per cent and back up to 100% once every 2 weeks. This is the easiest to do (unless you actually try to do it) and the most useful.
As you can see, it is the little things that will make the biggest improvements and increase your usage time. If you have any questions or need help with your phone, reach out on www.geeks.ae or give them a call on 8007475.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Lisette Mejia